Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
cable clips made of fibre?

I remember seeing these somewhere - the same sort of material as fibre washers but a bit more orangey - and can't remember where. Has anyone used them for anything or remembers seeing them anywhere? I think the ones I saw were like a P clip, for loom/wiring use...

Re: cable clips made of fibre?

Unless someone comes up with a supplier of ready-made P clips, you maybe able to make your own using vulcanized fibre. Vulcanized fibre is the material that fibre washers are made from but you would need to confirm that it is bendable.

It is available in sheet and strip from e.g.:-

http://www.rhnuttall.co.uk/products/strips/

thanks Austin. Thats a good site to know of.

Its turned out that the historic image is not actually fibre clips but leather... so that's the pressure off.

This is on a Nippy, but has anyone seen evidence of leather loom clips which they think could be original?

Rinsey Mills p68 has Roger Spearman's 1935 AAL Tourer and a statement on orange fibre loom clips being original!

Does anyone have a contact for him? I'd like to investigate.

Re: cable clips made of fibre? NO!!!

I'll document this in another post, but just for clarity, red fibre clips were NOT used on Austin 7s and their mention in Rinsey Mills as being original is completely wrong.

The editorial picks up on leather replacements (misidentified) for original LEATHER loom clips,which we now know have been found on several 1936/7 vehicles.

Email if you want to know more about dimensions and so on, and where they occurred!.