Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cambridge IFS

Stuart
What model is your car? One I have just acquired looks very similar (but no IFS!) & I think (!) it is an AG short chassis (150346)tourer. I collect it from the docks on Monday & will see if it has any identifying marks! Bought unseen from a man I have never met and in one of the pictures it was raining! Just the way to buy a car!
David

Dave, yes fortunately I've got the steering track rod albeit a little rusty. Cheers for the info on the shocks. Perfick.

One thing can count on...wont be getting 92,000 miles plus from a tyre as per the post Big Mileage Austin Sevens!

Rob

I've sent you an email.

Leon

David Harrison
Stuart
What model is your car? One I have just acquired looks very similar (but no IFS!) & I think (!) it is an AG short chassis (150346)tourer. I collect it from the docks on Monday & will see if it has any identifying marks! Bought unseen from a man I have never met and in one of the pictures it was raining! Just the way to buy a car!
David

Hi David,
Mine is an AG tourer too, chassis number is 136 thousand and something IIRC and the car was registered in July 1931. From the dated bits (the car seemed quite original apart from the Nippy gearbox and Cambridge front end) it looks to have been built in May '31.

Good luck with your new purchase, I've certainly had some great fun in mine.