To get a quick overview of all the messages click on

" Switch to Threaded style "

Forum: Welcome Austin seven Friends
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Building a special

Hi all , I am looking at building a special with a one off body ,but unsure what Austin seven I should be looking for ,will any ruby suit me ? what about wheel base? Am I going to find it impossible to find a running rolling chassis with a v5 ? I'm sure I will have loads more questions. Thanks in advance

Email  
Re: Building a special

have a look on the club adverts on http://www.da7c.co.uk - something might start you off well....

Send me a PM if you want information on construction
Crack on!

Please don't butcher a salvageable saloon for your project!

There are plenty of badly built or unfinished specials out there - some of them discussed on this Forum - that if re-started from scratch would provide the main mechanical parts. The main problem would be finding one at a sensible price.

Email  

Quote: Martin Prior

Please don't butcher a salvageable saloon for your project!

There are plenty of badly built or unfinished specials out there - some of them discussed on this Forum - that if re-started from scratch would provide the main mechanical parts. The main problem would be finding one at a sensible price.

Hear hear !

However, the definition of "salvageable" is relative to time, skills and budget.

Defo not going to cut a savagable car up ,I am looking for a rolling chassis or like you say a unfinished special which I can start again

Email  

That's great to hear Shayne, I've seen too many decent cars chopped up for no good reason...and I say that as a special builder myself!

Good luck!

Quote: Shayne Denny
Defo not going to cut a savagable car up ,I am looking for a rolling chassis or like you say a unfinished special which I can start again

is the Dorset club one still available?

Hi Shayne,

I have a rolling chassis (1936 without logbook) with sports front suspension, running 3-bearing engine (I have a video of it running in my other special) and 4 x 17" wheels with good tyres. They used to be part of a racer that in the end was never used. Could discuss sale as a whole package. email offline to discuss if you are interested. These were not from a butchered saloon but built up over a few years with age correct parts.

David

Email  

Quote: David W
Hi Shayne,

I have a rolling chassis (1936 without logbook) with sports front suspension, running 3-bearing engine (I have a video of it running in my other special) and 4 x 17" wheels with good tyres. They used to be part of a racer that in the end was never used. Could discuss sale as a whole package. email offline to discuss if you are interested. These were not from a butchered saloon but built up over a few years with age correct parts.

David

Hi mate, I've sent you an email

Email