Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Another one back

A team of volunteers have spent the last year doing a nut and bolt restoration of this '35 AAK.
The original colour was found to be dark green and it was decided to re-paint it as such.
Concours it ain't, but a working, running one.
The wheels are 18" where Purves reckons they should be 19". It seems 18" were only fitted to vans and export models (and it's got motorcycle tyres fitted).
The headlamps should be black with chrome bezels according to Purves, but the originals were decidedly odd.
The screen surround should be chrome, but was so pitted it was decided to rub it down and paint it black.
 photo DSCN0681_zps36pjsqnc.jpg

photo DSCN0682_zps7goud6g9.jpg

photo DSCN0683_zpsej4jxyjn.jpg

photo DSCN0684_zpsxqrerbn2.jpg

Re: Another one back

Very commendable. But, applicable to other restorations, bright colour HT leads dominate the neat little engine. Are leads available in black?

Bob Culver
Very commendable. But, applicable to other restorations, bright colour HT leads dominate the neat little engine. Are leads available in black?

I thought they complemented the fan quite nicely!

Austin Harris
Bob Culver

I thought they complemented the fan quite nicely!

On the fuel pump as well

To be fair, a very smart looking car and if completed in a year, congratulations are due to the team of volunteers..

If they are looking for another project, I'm sure I could find something!

We've more than enough on our hands at the moment thanks.
What with a Crossley, Panhard and Bull-nosed Morris.