Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: AL Tourer

Hi David,

Others have emailed me recently from the Forum without problem. I'll send you an email then you can reply using that.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

Re: AG Tourer

David Harrison's AG Tourer Photos - uploaded on his behalf as promised. Apologies for the delay David, been a bit busy these past few days.

David Says:

"Here are some photos of the AG:

1) in the customs shed with friends!
2) on the trailer with the AK at home
3, 4, 5 and 6) engine, interior(!) & near welding shots!

For your information:
The Box is now a 4 speed (a 3 speed came in the car)
The engine has a sidedraft Zenith, No oil, split bottom hose & core plugs missing in the head, but free & I'm hopeful it will run ... it did in about 2002!
I have cleared out a stack of oak leaves, nuts etc & the floor is "patchy" & self draining, but not a disaster at all. Hood is a bit tatty, but original & the frame & sidescreens are good.

Plenty to go at before I make any long term decisions!"
David

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

Not a lot wrong there that patience and graft won't put right. I do like the perforated hardboard door cards. Very trendy!

If you get fed up with it I'll take it off your hands.

I'm going to get it running & see what I have! I know now it is marked on the tunnel AG 1425 (not neatly, but very firmly...dented even!) Still looking for the chassis marking, bit more scraping to go yet. The car has a 4 speed box fitted, but the original 3 speeder is with it. It also has a side-draft carb!
There are no cables to nor from the original starter button & it will not be easy to get at the terminals, only by taking off the whole assembly, bracket & all, with its - no doubt - well seized slotted round head screws. Lots of fun ahead!
D

so where did it come from? and how long was it there prior? looks fab.

The AG went to California in 1968,not used from 1980's because it was replaced by the 1929RK in the picture which went out in 1992. Both owned by the same man.
D