Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Spare wheel cover with warning fluorescent triangle

I thought I should sport one of those spare wheel covers with the yellow triangle for the forthcoming Euro Tour, however I have not found a source. Does anyone know if they are commercially available please, for 17" wheels
Thank you in anticipation

Re: Spare wheel cover with warning fluorescent triangle

Jack - if you can't locate a wheel cover, then could I suggest an alternative - a balloon! I remember on the last Eurotour following (the late, much missed) Mike Aplin and Penny who every day, tied a balloon to the spare wheel. Its constant bobbing about was immediately obvious from quite a distance back and a real eye-catcher...

Use a hi-vis vest secured with bungee Jack?

Or perhaps strap a small child onto the spare wheel. Its cries of distress will efficiently alert other motorists to your presence as they bear down on your rear end. (I can't believe I just wrote that...)

This is what I have on the saloon. I had a batch made around twenty years ago and have had requests to make some more, but I haven't got round to it yet.
Will kick myself into action with a post enquiring about interest.
When does the Eurotour take place, if it is sooner than I can get some made I could loan you one for the tour.
Regards,
Robert.

_DSC5276

PS nice picture Nick

Robert,

very charitable of you to allow that chap to sit in the driver's seat of your pride and joy, community spirit at its best!

Nick Salmon
Use a hi-vis vest secured with bungee Jack?

Or perhaps strap a small child onto the spare wheel. Its cries of distress will efficiently alert other motorists to your presence as they bear down on your rear end. (I can't believe I just wrote that...)

Nick, having made the call to Esther, I now have time to reply to your profound suggestions, thank you all and MR.R for the name of the original producer of these items.
I love the ideas and have decided upon a small child, in a high vis jacket, strapped to the spare wheel with a packet of ballons, no **** the expense a whole packet of balloons a day!
We leave on the Tour on 2nd June, so insufficient time to have one made, I will adopt the hi-vis and bungy approach, but thanks for the generous offer of loans.

Many may not realise it, but when driving an Oz-built soft-top Seven at night you have no trouble being seen from behind. The vibrations of the hood cause the rear window glass (yes, most are glass) to shimmer like a mirror at the following vehicles. Job done. Cheers, Bill

If you search "LED Magnetic Emergency Hazard Warning Safety" you will see a number of battery power warning lights. I have seen them used on military vehicles but I don't know how legal they are here or abroad.

This was my answer to the problem.
 photo 9755EA42-B288-47C8-87CD-B4944546962E_zps40mvjfms.jpg

Derek, that is a picture and no mistake. A work of art that should be appreciated by all that see it. I am traveling on from Salzburg and would have to add another six national flags. Thanks for the photo, I shall certainly not miss you en-route!

Along with the Box saloon I acquired over the weekend came a small pile of past 750MC Bulletins. From 1992:

IMG_20170522_0001