Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin 7 Trials

Within the 750 Motor Club, Barry O'Sullivan, Mike Stone, Jim Davidson, and me are having a real push to publicise and popularise trialling. Sporting Trials are well established but the gentler version for Austin 7 Production Cars has been a bit neglected for rather a long time.

We hope to encourage both entrants and helpers (marshals etc) to get involved and for those with A7s to come and give it a go. You don't have to be a 750MC member to take part.

There's a new section within with 750 website and we'd be really grateful if Friends could help us spread the word.

On Sunday 4th June at Tulleys Farm we are running a training session for would-be marshals and also giving anyone with an A7 the chance to 'have a go' at a couple of hills. This is taking place next to the Sporting Trials fixture at the farm and we'll all get together for a lunchtime picnic. If you or friends and family would like to get involved with trialling and want to find out what's needed, do let us know, and come along. The details are below.

The trials pages on the 750 website are here: Link

trial day

Re: Austin 7 Trials

An excellent idea! Well done.

If anybody is worried about damaging their 7, there are lots of photos of 7s in the cobham production car trials here which should reassure you

For anyone dreaming of taking it one step further why not consider doing the MCC's Edinburgh trial this year? No need to commit to the main trial or the easier class O which misses the severest hills and has no restarts. This years Edinburgh will run the new class R for older more fragile vehicles/ drivers. Following the same route as the other cars but only tackling the easiest hills ( 4 not 14) and the two special tests ( very short autotest style tests) This year we've taken out all bar 1 mile of dual carriageway and replaced it with small dusty rarely used tarmac roads and added for class O and R spectacular views of the Peak district. 180 miles in total September 30th. Regs when available will be on the MCC website.

I've always wondered, is one at a disadvantage in a Sports in Trials, because of clearance?

Although I have never competed in A7 Trials, I have along with 'Pearls not a Singer' had an enormous amount of enjoyment watching A7 Trials over many years.
I have several videos on Youtube under the name of 'Balbertn' showing A7 owners having a really good tme for a considerably small outlay. Nick, I wish you every success in your venture and hope it encourages many more A7 owners to take part.
Bryan

JonE - There might be the odd section where a low clearance is an issue but generally you should be fine. Sometimes even high clearance cars can be confounded - but don't forget that the idea is NOT for all cars to clear all sections :-) I really do urge you to give it a try. It's huge fun, not that serious unless you want it to be, and really, really friendly.

An excellent idea Nick! The best of luck.

For those not familiar with trials, here's a short video of a hill on the PWA7c winter trial last Christmas. I'm driving the cream Ulsteroid.

Thanks to 3wheelin for his youtube video.