Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: posting photos not using photobucket

I use a FREE wordpress.com space, and then place them on here using [ img ] and [ /img ] using their location stored there...

No ads, no hassle, and you can use it to blog/sort your own car pics.

Photobucket is pants, and getting worse...

In another thread some time ago I drew attention to the fact that Photobucket has become almost unusable due to the bloated advertising/slow load times. In my view it is now a complete waste of space.

Far better to use Flickr, especially if you are willing to pay to get the ad-free Pro version.

Uploaded images can be displayed on posts on the forum by simply copy and pasting the 'embed' code that is found after clicking the 'share' symbol on an image uploaded to Flickr.

If there is no forum policy on using photobucket then it would be great if this could be clarified in the "Posting Photos" sticky at the top of the listings.

I assume the helpful Ruairidh is in charge

I have told my wife about your statement Mark - she tells me not.

I don't have too many problems with Photobucket and the few niggles I do have with it, I overcome.

There is no policy, the notes were written by the helpful Ian McGowan and the helpful Mike Whittome (I think) before that.

I use Tinypics which seems to work fairly well. It has occasional pulsing ads which irritate but disappear once you sign in. Be sure not to click on one!

Hi everybody,
I use Servimg.com whith which I'm happy.
Renaud