Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prop shaft access plate

Andrew, presuming you're asking about an Austin Seven - which model do you have? On the vintage models there is a sheetmetal lever about 3" long which swivels on a rivet in the tunnel top. The cover has a return fold which slips under the square rear edge of the tunnel hole and is then secured by swinging the lever over it. The later models, either curved or flat for the respective models have a slightly similar arrangement, but with rivets etc not a return fold to locate. I will no doubt be corrected, but I don't recall any being bolted down. Good Luck, Cheers, Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response. Yes, it's an Austin 7. It's an October 1932 RN saloon, one of the last 50 RNs, so it's about 90% RP.
I have taken a photo of the plate and location in the car, to give an idea what i'm talking about. I feel a bit stupid as i'm assuming whatever bracket and bolt was there must have worked itself loose and dropped away whilst driving, as there's just nothing there now to fix the plate and butterfly nut to.
I can send you the photo if you have an email. I don't know how to upload it to the website, otherwise i'd have put it up there on my original message.
Cheers again.
Andrew

Andrew - if you don't receive any other help, merely click on my "email" and you can send the photo to me. Cheers, Bill in Oz