Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Soft Top Sunday, Goodwood

I left the site by 8.30, but good to see Robbie's Ulster special in the central pits area, as well as a nice original Opal and a similar, well used 20s Chummy there among the bloatfest of the others, many of which weren't terribly inspiring but represented a lot of kilogrammes. I coveted a couple of '65 ish Elans and was trying to work out what the perfect 4 seat convertible would be for real world use... (other than the Chummy of course)

Sad not to bump into any of the 7 owners... but good to hear some of the comments from other circulating tourists "Apparently that's a LONG wheelbase chassis - can you imagine the short!"

Re: Soft Top Sunday, Goodwood

Yes, I would agree with your description of my car as a well used 20's Chummy, are there any other types? If so shame on you!
I was disappointed by the very low turn out of Pre-war cars, but there were quite a few Post-War cars that I would have liked to driven home. Good morning out.