Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Finding car number

Brian - Dave and Dave have already assessed I'm sure - I was just meaning that if there is the slightest chance it could down to one OR the other, then you can't quite be exactly sure... !

Hi Brian. If you know the chassis number, it should be possible using the Register to narrow the car number down very precisely, if not exactly.

Edit: Ha! Dave's beaten me to it!

Sorry I haven't accessed the A7CA register, I was working from the RN register that is on my computer.

As it doesn't look as though I can get any near to finding the real car number for my RN, I have decided to stamp the plate with "B4 70XX" to avoid any confusion (or perhaps to cause even more!!)
Brian

Your approach is far more honest Brian, if you document this on the cars paper work future owners will be under no illusion. To illustrate the problem we have a car here in NZ with almost certainly original identity plates and yet there is a car in the UK claiming the same number.

Brian Hutchings
As it doesn't look as though I can get any near to finding the real car number for my RN, I have decided to stamp the plate with "B4 70XX" to avoid any confusion (or perhaps to cause even more!!)
Brian

Brian - what about just leaving the last two digits so they can be added... or using little dots rather than crosses so you can overprint in time?

All a very creditable idea though.

Thanks for the suggestion JonE, sounds like a good idea.
Brian