Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Valuation on two unrestored Seven's.

I am trying to get a valuation on a pair of Seven's that belong to a friend of mine. He is working and living in West Africa at the present time, and is unlikley to be returning to the Uk in the foreseeable future. He has in the past collected some vintage cars which are stored in his workshop. However the workshop will be closing down next year. He needs to make a decision on the future of his car collection. It comprises of a very nice restored Ford Model A, an equally nice Ford Model B, an unrestored Ford Model B, (complete except for a radiator cap), and two unrestored Sevens.

There is an early saloon, which looks in complete original condition, but coated with a ton of dust, and a van that looks a little more forlorn, with one of the doors off. The saloon looks as it woulld be a fairly straightforward retoration as the body looks sound, and the interior is fair, the seats being intact. THe van I haven't looked at too closely as I was really looking at the Ford's for a friend of mine, but it is certainly the roughest of the five. But if I can get everything valued, it will allow my friend to decide on a course of action. I don't think he wishes to sell all of the Ford's, but would probably paty with the Seven's if the price seemed attractive.

They are difficult to photograph as they are parked in a dark corner close to each other and there is some equipment stood directly in front. Can anyone advise me as who to contact. At present putting them up for sale is not an option, but I am sure they will be put on the market fairly soon.

Re: Valuation on two unrestored Seven's.

ok, I know Africa is a big country, but... finding a local (sic) club probably the first and best option? http://www.austinseven.co.za

do we take it the vehicles are in the UK even though your friend is not?
Steve V.

Tim, as a trader I keep up with what's happening in the austin 7 market place.

And its probably not good news for you.

I recently attended an H&H auction last week, there was a nicely restored top hat ( early saloon ) I think 1927. The value for this car would usually be seen at £15k +

The bidding fell short at £8.5k

And vans have been no better.

Have the cars got current a V5c. Without it the price will at least half.

nobody can give you an accurate value without picture, and further details of the cars, year of manufacture etc.

A guess only, 1928 RK saloon for recommissioning with V5c. £5k to £6k
1930 RL saloon for recommissioning with V5c. £3k to £4k

A guess only. 1928 "C" cab van in need of finishing with V5c £5k to £7k

Please note these are only guesses with the info given, with more info prices would more than likely change.

Tony.