Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A7 RN LJ5026 Beaulieu 1992

Hi

A bit of a long shot but our car was at Beaulieu 750 Rally in 1992 shortly after it had been restored. Does anyone have any photos of it at Beaulieu or a copy of the page showing it's entry that year and if it went back in subsequent years.

I believe the boards in the windscreen explain how the previous owner buried the car in the 60's as it had little value then only to dig it up in the 70's to restore the with restoration completed in 1991.

I have been in touch with Dave Mann who has provided some of the history and the photo below. A nice close up of the board in the windscreen would be great but probably unlikely, but who knows.

Thanks

Douglas

photo LJ 5026 beaulieu 1992_zps97vvcmnh.jpg

Re: A7 RN LJ5026 Beaulieu 1992

I knew that I knew that car when following you last Sunday , as in your photo shows it has a DA7C sticker in the window which would indicate it was in Terry,s ownership then , maybe Terry,s widow still has the board .Maybe Glyn could ask her.

I thought that it belonged to Bob Humphries (ex policeman) who lived in Chertsey (Surrey)

Nigel

Thanks it was Terry's car but this photo was before he owned the car I believe it was John Powell before then (he buried it and dug it up) but there was a couple of owners in between John and Terry. I have found out that the first owner as Arthur Lewis in 1932.

Jon you may be right as I believe it may have moved from Dorset to ? then back to Dorset.

I have asked DVLA to advise of the previous owners, they have yet to reply other than confirm they have my request.

Thanks Douglas