Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin Nippy or Type65

Bare shell of a Nippy/65 spotted at the Little Chef near Okehampton
Heading north on a trailer plied by a LandroverSWB

No time to meet up as he left the Little Chef as we arrived! drat!

Safe journey!

Bill G

Re: Austin Nippy or Type65

sounds from location that like that could be the Cornish one, body 65, which sold on ebay last week...!

Although there do seem to be a goodly proportion of 65s in Cornwall... so perhaps it will be a new one

Checked out EBay... 50 bids! Sold for £5500

Looks like a long restoration ?

Bill G

I saw the Type 65 on its way to its new home, my wife was driving so I got her to slow down while I had a look and waved as we went passed on the M5.
I am sure it was the Callington Ebay one.
I hope it is restored and not broken for parts !!
It looked very much like my Type 65 did when I stole it from my father.

its had quite a bit of the expensive/timeconsuming structural stuff done from speaking to the previous owner's son, and I know its in the hands of someone who is presently getting their hands on Chris Gould's book!

There are some interesting markings on it that help tally those on other fairly early 65s, so lets hope its now another on the long, slow route to recovery...

It was in hiding 8 miles or so from where I live and I knew nothing about it till I saw it on ebay.

I have not completed the restoration on my type 65 yet but it has been in use for the last twenty years.

I enjoy the driving rather than the polishing.