Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Saved,One Radiator.

Ruairidh Dunford
When a fan does let go the vibration, due to imbalance, is tremendous!

Just don't tell the wife!!

I didn't need to!!!

tony betts
hi peter,

always though about doing a piece years ago for the PWA7C. (when i was a member).

" THE CRACKING LITTLE CAR "

on all the parts here we have crack tested, and are cracked.

never done it in the end due to my lack of spelling skills.

and yes the fan blade was on my list.

tony

Tony, I would be more than happy to help you with writing this up. It will be a very useful thing to capture such valuable information. You don't need to spend much time on the forum to see that we seem to keep reinventing the wheel!

It would be really good to compile it with photos, where and how to test for cracking and acceptable repairs if possible (and more importantly what is unsafe!)

Email me if you would like to take this forward.

Regards
Nick

hi nick,

i was collecting the parts, pictures, and info years ago. when we had a successful club.

dave wilcox was going to do the piece for the club mag, but we sadly lost dave before things were put together.

most of what was saved up was then scrapped.

ive sed before on here what happened to the 30+ steering arms.

i you do want to do something on this, i have alot of stock i have to go through.

i can send you a report on each item that cracks as i go through them.

but it wont all be done overnight.

tony

Quote Nick "You don't need to spend much time on the forum to see that we seem to keep reinventing the wheel!"

Absolutely spot on Nick, I have often thought if someone could go through the forum and extract all the information contained here what an amazing book it would create...... Problem is I would probably run into several volumes! Every little bit helps though so please work with Tony whilst the offer is there.

Hi Tony

I'd be happy to get this up and running. There's no pressure to get it done overnight. It will probably suit us both better to do it gradually.

Scary to think your scrap, cracked steering arms might have been sold on...

Email me at your leisure and I will turn things round as and when...

Regards
Nick

Got one here Peter if you want it.

Thanks for the offer Nigel, but have got one coming from David Cochrane. Ordered new although he did offer a s/h one,not too sure about an old one after seeing the pre-failure crack on mine.

photo Photo0042.jpg
One blade was on the floor,where's the other gone?