Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Austin Dealers Sign

Come on stuart.

Tell the truth.

It's because you won't let him have your original.

Tony

I would also be interested in having one. I think that makes 5 (maybe 6) so far.

David

I am very pleased that these signs have generated such a positive response. I ordered 30 from the manufacturer and all of them were snapped up very quickly. However although they have now been posted off to their new owners I still have one sitting in splendid isolation in my living room. This sign was ordered by Steve Smith. Who only provided me with an e-mail address, which, in spite of several attempts at contacting him have all gone unanswered.
So, if I do not hear from him within the next week I will make it available to the first person who contacts me. (Price: £145 + £22.70 P&P - UK).
On another matter, over the past ten or so years I have had 8 different Austin or Austin- related signs re-manufactured. Providing I can obtain 10 or more orders for a particular sign I can always order a re-run.
If there is interest in this proposal I can place photographs of all of them on this website.
Cheers.
Jim

Jim writes:

Good morning Ruairidh,
And thank you for kindly offering to post images of the re-manufactured vitreous enamel Austin signs on the Austin Seven Friend's website for me.
There were 8 reproduced in total over the past twelve years, and what I have tried to do is send images of all of them together on one e-mail, but for some reason I can only send three or four at a time, so the next few will be sent separately.
The four signs below are as follows:
The Big White Diamond. Single-sided from 1914 (Ref: AS8)
The Dependable Austin. Double-sided, from mid 1920's (Ref: AS2) note, this one is currently being re-ordered and will be available in 8 weeks time.
Austin Sales & Service. Single sided from mid 1920's (Ref: AS1).
Castrol XL offering free lubrication handbook and wallchart. Late 1920's (Ref: AS3)
The next few will be sent next.
Cheers.
Jim

photo FullSizeRender-11_zpsokfnh4bq.jpg

photo FullSizeRender-13_zpshgsmp2bj.jpg

photo FullSizeRender-12_zpsgct6hnn1.jpg

photo IMG_0989_zps0zpi3lek.png

photo FullSizeRender-10_zps2ahak0ce.jpg

photo IMG_1043_zpsdzofocnz.jpg

photo IMG_1046_zpsu1tuogy1.jpg

photo IMG_1047_zps2t8ettuy.jpg

Hi again Ruairidh,
The following is some further information on the signs.

AS1. 24" X 17" single sided.
AS2. 22" X 27.1/2" double sided (currently being re-ordered).
AS3. 18.1/2" X 13.1/2" single sided.
AS4. 18.1/2" X 13.1/2" single sided.
AS5. T.B.A. (12" X 8" approx)
AS6. 24" X 17" single sided.
AS7. 20" X 9.1/2" double sided.
AS8. 24" X 17" single sided.

As for prices this depends on how many I can order, obviously the more I order the cheaper they become ( to a degree!)
I do know that the double sided "The Dependable Austin" signs will be over £200.
As for the KLG sign, I will have to come back to you with the dimensions as I did not manage to keep one for myself, but they are smaller at about 12" X 8" ( as a guess).
So, to sum up, this is simply an exercise to establish the demand, if any, for having any of these signs re-manufactured again. Call it a sort of "wish list", the lowest number, to make it economically viable for the manufacturer is ten, if I reach that number on any sign I will re-order.
Thanking you again for your help in this matter.
Best regards.
Jim.

I am sad to see that photo bucket - whoever the hell they are, have seen fit to make the pictures impossible to see on here, should any of the signs listed interest you then please email me and I will send you an image that way.
Cheers. Jim

I have the Big White Diamond and the two sided Austin Dealer signs,but would be interested in the others.I would happily put my order in if there was enough interest for the others. I will add that the quality of the Big White Diamond which I just received, as well as the Austin Dealer's signs is wonderful.Thank you Jim,forsaking these available.

I hate spell check. I meant to say, "Thank you, Jim, for making these available". I guess spell check thought I meant, "Forsaking all lesser signs".

As mentioned earlier, the double-sided 'The Dependable Austin' Dealers sign has been re-ordered and I do only have three left.
I am also very reluctantly putting my last 'Big White Diamond' sign back on sale as the chap who ordered it, whilst having made contact, did not indicate whether or not he still wanted it. Please email me if interested.
Cheers. Jim.