Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Reproduction Ulster

Hi Athow,

What a great project and very impressive work on the floor pan. Well done and bon courage with your continuing build.

A seven month rebuild on my own Ulster rep is almost complete and I've learned a lot from this forum, where you'll always receive advice to your questions.

As has been said, the dash with correct instruments is an important feature and together with the seats, will make your car look more like the real thing.

Are you staying with an original brake set up?

Best wishes,

Bill

Well done Athow, see you on the 8th

Thanks Bill, I am Not 100% sure what I will do re brakes. I Currently have a independent brake set up on the chassis I have. But while I bring it to Ulster specs I may change it to a coupled set up. It will stay original cables either way. Re dash and seats, I most definitely will put in correct instruments. I understand that Ulsters may have originally had pneumatic air cushions, so I will do that as well. But jee wizz that's a long way off.
Cheers, Athow

Good post Athow. It was great to meet you three months back and see your project. You are making good progress. Bruce

Bruce how about starting a thread and posting pictures of your project too, I think people here will find it of interest, and you never know might even inspire a few more Kiwis to come along to the body building workshops.

Just seen your fascinating post Athlow and good to be able to put a face to a name ! This must rank as one of the most competent restorations especially by a youngster, where did you learn all your metalwork skills ? A great effort and I hope you keep all of us 'posted' regarding the car's progress. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need to source any parts but obviously any larger/heavier ones will be quite expensive to send out to NZ. Keep up the good work. James

Thanks James, much appreciated. I was going to send you the link but you found my post. Apart from a few some hints and tips with metal work from Ian and Joss here in NZ, I'm all self taught. I must admit that means a lot of cockups, but hey that's how you learn. Thanks for your help and support I'll be sure to keep you posted.
Athow