Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Update on the new user friendly site, please

"We apologise in advance for any disturbances on here in the near future due to website redesign in the background. We'll keep you informed about the progress"

No mention of Forum redesign

The website and the forum are two very different things.

The website is currently a "hand coded" collection of pages loosely held together, and as such is quite easy to update and upgrade, (may take some time to move the content across but that's easy but may be time consuming.)

The forum, (and classifieds) is a piece of third party hosted software that "we" pay to use. (Bravenet, hence the different url) We have no control over it and how it works. For instance there is an overall post limit, once we hit that for every new post made the oldest one gets deleted. I no longer have access to the admin side of things so am not sure if we have reached that limit yet.

The two things operate completely independently of each other, hence why when the "main" web site went down a year or two ago the forum was unaffected.

Various suggestions have been made on to how to move it to a more stable environment where "we" would be in control of the systems and content etc.(And self host images if that's what people want.) The tricky bit is making sure we back everything up and move all the excellent content across to the version before turning off the Bravenet forum.

As I always "log in" via the website home page, I assumed the two were connected.

We live and learn.

Rick