Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Photobucket - revolting!!

Ian McGowan
TEST using Postimage.

That'll do for me.

Ian Mc.

My fault Tony, messing about with albums (Galleries) in my Postimage acct.

Still learning!!!!

Ian Mc.

Mike Costigan
Edit: Well, that seems to work after a fashion, but it has distorted the image ... anyone had that problem before?

Hello Mike,

After a bit of head scratching I think I have worked out what went wrong.
The code that it is posting under does not work in the same way as the usual bb code and doesn't properly scale the image to fit the forum if the width is larger than the forum can accept.

When you click the share button it automatically chooses size width 640 (see Nicks picture of the box that comes up when you click share and embed). If you change this to anything bigger the forum will scale the width of your picture down till it fits the forum (somewhere just above 640 wide), but for some reason it leaves the height unchanged. Hence why the forum has squashed the width of your 800x600 photo to just over 640, but left the height at 600.

There are a couple of options to stop this happening, though the easiest is just to make sure that the size in the box starts with 640 before copying the code (Less will not cause any distortion, it will just be smaller). As above 640 width seems to be the standard size that comes up when you hit share and embed. People can still view the larger photo by clicking the image.

Here's your photo using the standard 640 width option.

P1060467.800

Bruce so long as you use the standard embed size as above you should be fine.
Best way to put photos and captions in is to get the code for each image one at a time, transfer it to the forum and write your caption before putting the next one in. If you're worried at how it's coming out, just hit 'preview' and it will show how your post will look with the pictures, then press 'make changes' to return to writing.

All the best

Timothy

Photobucket seems to work OK for me.

Use the IMG option.
Delete everything before the first [IMG], and delete the final [/URL]