Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: If you could start again what would you do?

Tony

You may not know about the A7ca archives. That's the Austin 7 Clubs Association. The archives are digitised on line and contain the cards listing changes to the cars and dates. There are the spares catalogues which show most of the car parts down to nuts and washers and give their part numbers.

You will sadly have now learned to ASK first then act......there are many many good helpful people in 7 circles.

Get stuck in and just pretend you got it as a challenge......you are on the right course to becoming an A7 expert.
Get to club meetings and find out the books you would benefit from.....the A7 Companion etc.

Dennis

It was 8500 on car and classic

Awesome car! If mine comes out half as good I will be very pleased. A load of work has gone into that. Love the front grill, is it a 7 grill? And the side door is a great idea. Lots of photos for inspiration and perspiration!

If it had been mine I would probably have fitted aero screens, but the screen and hood as fitted is really nice.

Thanks for the link., much appreciated.

Hi

Personally I would probably rebuild the non engine components and think about rebuilding the engine to something special. The amount of work to do a full fast road engine really means that starting for a bag of bits or full engine in my experience is little different.

David