Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Body building Course

It never vains, but it pores!

A very interesting link. , thanks.
One I omitted from my hate list is, in every shop or bar:

Good morning ,can I help you?.......has become....are you right there?

Duncan Grimmond

One I omitted from my hate list is, in every shop or bar:

Good morning ,can I help you?.......has become....are you right there?

Bloke on the Fish Counter in our local Supermarket uses that one. I hate it!!

Steve

Oh gawd. My favourite soapbox has set up in my favourite forum. This will not do my blood pressure any good. :-)

'Can I help you?'

'You can, but you may not.'

'You all right there guys?'

'Yes, thank you. But I cannot speak for the ladies.'

'What can I get you guys?'

'Don't you think it would perhaps be more polite to ask the ladies first?'

And please don't get me started on the morons who are unable to start any sentence without using the word 'So,...'

Nick Salmon
Oh gawd. My favourite soapbox has set up in my favourite forum. This will not do my blood pressure any good. :-)

And please don't get me started on the morons who are unable to start any sentence without using the word 'So,...'

or " Right,... "
it infers : I want your immediate attention because I'm going to tell you something so important I'm going to barge right in. There's no subtlety, no diplomacy, no foreplay.

Russel,

Sorry to barge in but getting back to another recent discussion- I like your presumably 'non photo*ucket' avatar- is this the new seven?

Cheers, Tony.

Yes that's the one Tony, we picked it up end of June in time for Beaulieu where it won best top hat. Admittedly not much competition. I did hope to achieve 'longest distance' having driven 300 miles to the event but couldn't compete with the chap who came from Spain! I heard he said "never again".
We're wired for GPS and select all the country lanes, it's amazing how MANY picturesque homes there are, big and small. Also hard to get your head around how long it takes to travel short distances, well it is an Austin 7.
Spares so far consumed 1 magneto, 1 battery, 1 tube, fuel filter, indicator switch, 1 GPS (which has come back to life after I bought a new one), 1 set of better fitting travel luggage (still piled to the roof).
Living the dream, cheers Russel

Sounds like you are really enjoying your trip - well done.

Cheers, Tony.

Hi Russell & Vanda - good to see the trip is going well. Hope you took your Foreign-language Translation Book if you're going to Guildtown! Be glad to see you safe home, if only so you can bank my cheque - I keep thinking I'm much richer than I really am at the moment. Cheers, Bill

Update on spares consumed, I forgot 1 engine exhaust pipe and now 1 bottom fan pulley.
I called in to Ian Bancroft in Grantham today to see if he had copies of invoices for work done in the past on Primrose for previous owners.
I asked him what he thought of the noisy engine (we permanently wear high quality ear defenders whilst driving). Job done, rattley pulley replaced, +new fan belt. No reprieve possible however from the maggy timing gears.
The top hat has narrow suicide doors and a previous owner has installed simple safety chains to prevent the doors flying open. Here I have to admit a lapse in hooking these chains over the door handle and as a result 1 broken window pane, now replaced.
Reputation has it that these R series bodies were fragile and I can vouch for the alarming manner that the door and windscreen apertures dance together, the c.hains are a must.
Actually I'm quite pleased with the performance so far after about 1800 miles.
Sorry to hijack this forum subject, will open a new heading Austin UK Adventures
cheers Russell