Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rev counter and speedometer on Supersports and TT cars

Does anyone have pictures of Barry Ryles ? supersport ?

The important element to the rev counter is the redline at 5000rpm. The billiard counter would have been on the steering wheel,by any chance does anyone have one of these counters for sale? Luckily I have just bought a correct Enots type fuel pressure pump.
Simon, the current owner.
Comber
County Down

Simon,
you say you have just bought the correct Enots type pump. Can you enlighten me as to what type it is please?

Simon Thomas
The important element to the rev counter is the redline at 5000rpm. The billiard counter would have been on the steering wheel,by any chance does anyone have one of these counters for sale? Luckily I have just bought a correct Enots type fuel pressure pump.
Simon, the current owner.
Comber
County Down

I thought I had read that the rev counters were red lined at 5,000 to stop the drivers blowing the engines up.
Is the rev counter a smiths or jaeger Simon ?

I believe this rev counter recently on eBay to be the type fitted, though perhaps a not the same diameter or scale it shows nicely the way the standard size back is used.

http.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-6-034-Tachometer-Rev-Counter-VSCC-Frazer-Nash-Bentley-Invicta-Lagonda-/282474314825?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=plDMgl8tPLgXzglsW23pqr53Kp0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I have detailed photos of the dashboards of the cars and scaled these up to compare to the Enots hand pump. No type number visible. My rev counter is Smiths. Hope this helps?
Regards
Simon

Thanks for the information Simon,
does your air pump have a three way valve with on,off and release stamped on the top cover for the cylinder underneath the handle?