Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Looking for a project

Good morning all!

I am looking to buy my first Austin 7, looked at them for ages and now I'm selling my land rover so its time for a new project.

So, whats around? I'm quite happy for it to be a project, I've been working on cars for a few years now and I want to properly re-build a car and the austin seems like the perfect car!

My budget is around £4000, and I'm located in Manchester. I'd love a little convertible but I feel like my budget won't allow that!

Lovely to be a part of the community.

Regards

Tom

Re: Looking for a project

I don't know whereabouts in Manchester you are Tom, you will be welcome at the Cheshire Sevens which usually meet at 8 pm on the first Tuesday in the month at the Morely Green Social club, Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5NT. However please note that the August meeting is at the Crown in Goostrey.

My advice; don't buy a kit of parts. You will spend the next 3 to 5 years trying to assemble unmatching bits without the proper info. After advice from your local A7 club get a complete car, in any condition, which you can just about afford on your budget. Don't take it to bits but get it running. Worry about cosmetics and originality only after using it. Best of luck!

Hi Dave,

Thank you I had spotted that you guys were meeting and if my work commitments allow I will definitely be there.

Regards

Tom

Terry McGrath
My advice; don't buy a kit of parts. You will spend the next 3 to 5 years trying to assemble unmatching bits without the proper info. After advice from your local A7 club get a complete car, in any condition, which you can just about afford on your budget. Don't take it to bits but get it running. Worry about cosmetics and originality only after using it. Best of luck!

Thanks for this Terry, it may be that I have to save up some money to buy a more complete car. I am still on the hunt anyway!

Regards

Tom