Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
prop chaft grease nipple location plate

hello

i have bought my austin seven short wheel base r m .
inside it has been recarpeted but carpeted over the prop grease plate inside the centre over the car between the 2 seats.
can anyone give me an idea how to locate this plate as it is under the carpet
ie measurement from back seat down to plate and how long the plate is so i can cut the carpet ok.
cheers
mark

Re: prop chaft grease nipple location plate

You should be able to feel it easily through the carpet as the plate sits on top of the tunnel and has a raised bulge upwards just in from the edge. Presumably the carpet has been glued down so you can't just lift and look.
Prop shaft may or may not have grease nipples in the universal joints at front and back. Greased from under the car.
Do you really mean the access to the front of the " torque tube" which houses the pinion and needs access to grease the front bearing of the pinion shaft?? Have a look at the A7 clubs association archives for the illustrated spares books showing relevant bits.

Dennis.

Rear of inspection hole is 5/8 inch back from rear of front seat box panel, or 15 inch from sloping edge of rear seat panel. Inspection cover 5 5/8 inch X 3 1/2 inch.

thank you guys for your messages
cheers
mark