Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Australian UK Raid meeting at Mallory Park 1981?

Adam Wragg
Hi folks another question, hope i haven't already asked this!!! ;o)

Does anybody have the competitor list for the Australian UK Raid meeting at Mallory Park 1981? Think this was a 750 Club event but not sure. Im looking to see if John Brydon was listed to race that day in the Mk2 Wragg Single Seater, the car that Stuart Wood was later to own??

Thanks in advance. Adam

Brydon came 4th in a single seater. He also competed at Donnington on 13th September 1981 and again came 4th.
I can scan the summary from the 750 year book if you like.

Charles

Correction.
He got 4 points in the championship. No idea what that means in placing.

C

Hi Charles, If you would scan the page that would be brilliant thanks. Sorry for the late reply but i didn't get a notification.
Email address is adam.e.wragg@sky.com

Thank you

Hi Adam Some time ago I contacted one of our Raid drivers for you and asked him to onforward. I'll now chase him up again if you still need info. Cheers, Bill

Yes Bill I'm still interested in any info, thanks

Hello again Adam. More Luck this time. My friend Max Foster only had the Supp Regs for the meeting plus a list of the display cars. The latter included a 1930 special which may have been the car you want. I then rang another mate (Tony Johns) who remembers Mallory Park vividly as it was the only meeting at which he didn't have success - the new motor tightened up but luckily didn't do any damage. Not only has he the Program, but the Results - and he particularly remembers your car (thinks it had either 16" or 15" wheels?). The builder is 6 months behind with the completion of Tony's new domicile but thinks he should move in maybe a week or so from now. Once he organises things he'll search it all out and let me know - so even though you may have a short wait, I'd suggest it's good news. Cheers, Bill

Thanks for all your efforts Bill, brilliant stuff.

Adam - even further, Tony thinks he has 3 or 4 photos of your car that from memory were emailed to him many years ago ex UK by somebody now forgotten. Hopefully he can locate them. Looks like you're on the right trail. Cheers, Bill

Hi Adam,

I was in the race at Donington in 1981. I was 'racing' my brother's Ulster rep, and felt privelidged to follow the single seater very closely for most of the race. Seeing such a beautiful car on such an historic track at such close quarters was fantastic.

My dad was meant to be in the raid race at Mallory, but was so busy talking, he missed the start.

If ever I find any evidence of said events, I will pass it on. Can't promise any time soon though.

All the best,
Colin

Colin - if you are the Colin I think you are, I'm not surprised your Dad missed the race. However, his consolation is that I could always out-talk him! Please give your Dad and Eileen my regards. Due to me moving around addresses I miss their newsy contact each Yuletide. Cheers, Bill

Thank you both, As i said any information / photos / documents all add to the process. Lovely stuff.

Best wishes Adam