Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Air Fuel Ratio

Hi, does anyone have and safe optimal AFR numbers for a blown engine.

Just running in an engine with a AMR300 on it, starts and runs fine, but when I bring the AFR down to the 9's she is choking herself! Seems happier around the 12's

Any information would be well received.

Re: Air Fuel Ratio

I seem to remember seeing something on Tomorrow's World a long time ago when Ford were developing their "Lean-Burn" technology, which burnt unleaded fuel at 14 AFR so 12 to 12.5 sounds about right. Figure appears to be borne out by surfing tuner's sites regarding forced induction set ups.

Googling it 12,8 peak TQ 13.2 peak HP on a supercharged motor on Offsure only.com
I thought lean burn ratios were around 17:1 ?

James
Hi, does anyone have and safe optimal AFR numbers for a blown engine.

Just running in an engine with a AMR300 on it, starts and runs fine, but when I bring the AFR down to the 9's she is choking herself! Seems happier around the 12's

Any information would be well received.

AFR should be in region of 12.5/13:1 for max power regardless of NA or pressurised.
Its the result of combustion that matters as opposed to the method.
How are you measuring and are you reading at WOT?

Paul N-M

Thanks for the replies, I'm using a wide band sensor fitted in the four branch manifold going to a dedicated digital output. I ask the question as I was advised that old sidevaves run rich when happy, I also run a 440bhp turbo race car so appreciate the importance of a knowledgeable AFR, The engine seems happy around the 12's as you have all kinda stated, I am racing the engine in 6 weeks so I don't want to run her lean and pick up a ring or piston. The afr for Turbo and Supercharger does not seem to far apart even though the technology used is planets apart on my applications.