Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Front wheel wobble

Thanks to you all - a pretty comprehensive answer. I reckon its Loctite on the inner bearing to start with. At the same time I will take the opportunity of replacing the wheel studs as the old ones are the originals.
Bob

Are you sure that it is the wheel bearings and not axle eye wear/elongation. Your king pin and bearings may be perfect but the eye in the beam may be out of shape ( a common problem with Austin Sevens)

Bob,
Your tester unfortunately is mistaken. The exemption which came into force in February this year relates to all cars with Carte Grise Collection first registered before 1/1/1960. Later cars still have to have the 5 yearly test.

If there is an insurance requirement that's a private matter between the owner and the insurer and in any case it's voluntary. My classic insurer certainly has made no contact regarding this.

If you need documentary proof there is a link to the legislation on the FFVE.fr website.

Good Luck
Bruce

Turned up for the CT this AM, and the tester was surprised to see me. He checked the docs and as Reckless said. No requirement for the test as it was pre '60 and a "light Vehicle". It was his boss that had said the test was required. So I went home with a smile having saved 59 euro - then my wife said the dish washer had packed up. On inspection, the computer was burned out and as it was over 12 years old, so it was off to buy another one. Some you win and some you loose.