Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
MOT Test Results

Having read the comments on the MOT test, elswhere in the Forum, it occurs to me that it might be useful if some sort of database were to be kept here to quantify the results which are obtained on our vehicles during this first year of the 'new and improved' computer test regime.

Whilst it is trumpeted by VOSA as the means to standardise test proceedures and standards nationwide (in my nieveity I had assumed they already were!)I do just wonder if there will be a disparity between stations.

One particular worry appears to be that of brake performance. It would perhaps be helpful if the performance figures from roller tests could be established and correlated. What indeed are the required readings for a standard un-coupled system as on an early Seven? Have some of us been achieving these very standards without difficulty at those stations which have always been more aggresive.

Comments appreciated. It's no good sweeping this under the carpet - it is upon us.

Mike

Re: MOT Test Results

Mike ,sounds a good idea. We are taking Jason's car for test on the 16th,< First one I'm doing under new system> It's his '29 chummy. Will advise how it goes and what data we can glean. we will consider doing a page if we get feed back. Mac

Re: Re: MOT Test Results

Go to www.tapley.org, its very interesting for info on efficiency and brake testing in general Steve

Re: Re: Re: MOT Test Results

Sorry www.tapley.org.uk i think should work better

Subject revisited...Today I had my fouth Computerized MOT. THe tester has given up on the roller brake test for our cars. No official weight data, and apparently told to use the taply meter. This is now digital. I drove the guy round the block and was told when to "slam" on the brakes.He had the meter on his lap. 56% foot and an amazing 51% on the hand brake. This was an 34 Arrow I Did 2900 miles ago. I detailed them just before the test. Well pleased..using new soft linings. mac

Just had the 34 RP tested,no problems but its gone up to £35 because of the computerisation. Test took 15 minutes plus 20 minutes chatting about the car, Tester said he would get a visit from VOSA if he completed test in less than 40 min. Great but i'm paying for the 20 min chat!! Brake test results, both front wheels 50, one rear 100 t'other 200!!!(its cold, wet and I couldn't be bothered to get under the car to balance em, must move MOT to the summer!!).Has anyone had any success with the new online tax service?? Ive tried twice with no joy, ah well, off to the post office if I can find one thats not closed down! Rant over.
Andy

Car Tax, I looked at that service, but I cannot see how it's not open to some form of abuse by clever criminals..... and presumably you have to wait for the disc to be posted to you, which hopefully it will not lose it's way in transit.

I support our local Post Office in Mousehole, not only sending out lots of A7CA Registers, but having all sorts of parcels delivered as well (mostly stationary, A7 bits and stuff for Ebay). We have a population of about 900 in the village, 3 postman just for the village and they live in the village as well. Local shop will not sell stamps, that's what Post Offices are for now.

I see that BT phone bills do not have a bit saying you can pay your phone bill in the Post Office now, that may be because the Post Office are also offering a telephone service of their own. When I paid my BT account (in the Post Office) the other day, the Post Office gave me details of their service with examples of how much cheaper than BT they were......

I enjoy the fact my Road Fund disc is stamped 'Mousehole Cornwall'.

Support the Post Office.

Sandy

Hi
In Sweden, the MOT test cant check the brakes, because my Nippy is too small for the braketester