Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Original style Rexine. Where can I buy it ?

Does anyone know where I can purchase genuine old style rexine to complete my restoration ?
It was originally fitted to the Seven's rear quarter panels, finishing strips around the doors, windows and sunshine roof. Rexine is advertised on the net, mostly from within the Indian sub-continent, but swatches from them have been more like vinyl used on car interiors of the 60's and 70's, not what I'm looking for. Colour is not so important as it can obviously be cellulose sprayed to match the interior.
Any information welcome.
Ed.

Re: Original style Rexine. Where can I buy it ?

Phil Baildon and I looked into this business of Rexine a couple of years ago. We found a company called Wardle Storey who make it (the good news). However the bad news is that they don't make the Classic range for vintage cars any more. They did try, but it looked too new & shiny & bright, and no-one wanted to buy it. It could be that Rexine has changed over the last 70 years, or people's idea of what it should look like has. What they do make is a range of rather light-weight Rexine which is suitable for covering panels rather than seats, so this might be what you
need. The distributors are F J Ratchford of Stockport (0161 480 8484).
Hope this helps - let us know how you get on!
David

Re: Re: Original style Rexine. Where can I buy it ?

Thank you David, it sounds like this is what I am looking for too, I do not need it for seats, only the panels.

I seem to recall this topic ran at some length a little time ago on another forum, but the end conclusion was - "not available as we know it!"

Naomi

Re: Re: Re: Original style Rexine. Where can I buy it ?

Had a look at fjratchford.co.uk/prod.asp web site, I see the Rexine is used extensively by the library services, it includes not only te Rexine leathercloth but also 40 shades of Buckram at a width of 1070 mm.

Sandy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Original style Rexine. Where can I buy it ?

Anybody got updates to this old thread?
Looks like I'd better start looking for it now.
- John Edwards, Vancouver, Washington, USA