Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New lamps for Austins

November Practical Classics show an advert for "remanufactured " Complete head lamps for all models of A7 by Stuart Joseph on 01785 850916 for £180 Pr. LB/130 ,L/131 and L/133

Re: New lamps for Austins

Let's hope they are in stock now, I rang Joseph soon after Sandy's request was answered with this contact name back in July on this Forum and I was told to ring later, and again and again, last in mid August was try again in September, so If they are in Nov's Practical Classics - Mine has not arrived yet! I'll give him a ring again.

There was something about suppliers letting them down etc etc.

Anyway I'm off on holiday now so I'll miss the 1,000th posting, unless Mac does a BIG trim... I was looking forward to the prize.

Naomi

Thanks Mac, I'll chase him about my LB130 rims again, as it sounds he now has them in stock.

Sandy

Re: Re: New lamps for Austins

I see that Sandy AND Naomi are going on holiday at exactly the same time !
Are they going away together or are they one and the same ?
I wonder ?

Re: Re: Re: New lamps for Austins

Algernon Brewster is very quiet this week too ! Perhaps he's gone with Sandy and Naomi to make a threesome !

Re: Re: Re: Re: New lamps for Austins

No, they are different people, I'm back now (or I'm someone else using the name Sandy).

PS, not much action from Edwards friend Philip Bottomley either this week.

Sandy Snr.

Re: Re: Re: Re: New lamps for Austins

I have been quiet this week having been on holiday also. That does not mean that I am someone else ! I am sure Naomi and Sandy and anyone else can go on holiday without people reading too much into it.

Hi,

I contacted Stuart Joseph also after seeing the post in Practical Classics.

The cost of the lamps was quoted incorrectly by PC, the price should read FROM £180.00.

Anyway, I bought a pair - I supplied the glass lenses and the order took about a month to complete. I am very happy with the new lamps - LB130 & would recommend Stuart.

Please be aware that Stuart does this as part-time work - I believe he is an electronics lecturer by day!

A really nice chap and probably best to e-mail him (he has a life as well!!!).

Gary

I got some RG35/32 lamps from Stuart for my RN. Lovely specimens and very pleased with the result. Also got a trade in on my old bits. Thoroughly recommend him although sometimes difficult to get hold of for reasons stated above.

Merry Christmas!