Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Recommended Reading?

A newcomer to our local 'Classic' club has asked what is recommended reading for a beginner in Austin 7's. It would appear they would like a 'Seven', having travelled about in them during the 50's whilst at University and now being retired they would like to own one.

I of course said join a local A7 Club that has a social scene, where I'm sure another member will allow them to drive a 'Seven' etc just to see if the reality fits the memory.

The book I would recommend is 'Practical Classic - Austin Seven briefing', which although the last edition seems to be 1991, offers both practical experience of the pitfalls and camaraderie of owning a 'Seven' in the chapter on the John O'Groats to Lands End Run, a guide to buying a 'Seven', the history of the 'Seven' and finally implications and requirements for working on your 'Seven' in your Garage, including rebuilding an engine.

I know the book is out of print - perhaps another updated edition is due! - but it can be picked up for around £7.50 at autojumbles and on Ebay.

Your views would be welcome, remembering this is for an 'Introduction to owning a Seven'.

Ernest.

Re: Recommended Reading?

Hallo Ernest, welcome. Click on to BOOKS on the front page of this site to see a comprehensive list. YOu can also use the internal web addresses to see more. mac

Re: Re: Recommended Reading?

Austin Seven Specials by Bill Williams is great for down to earth, easy to understand and sound technical advice. I'm not sure if it is in print.

Try

Richard Hunt,
Vintage Motorshop,
749 Bradford Road,
BATLEY,
West Yorkshire,
WF17 8HZ
Tel/Fax 0044 (0) 1924 470773

He may be able to help you.

Rinsey Mills book, "Original Austin Seven" is a great resource of pictures, you can get this from The Seven Workshop on:

01225 868696

Happy reading to your friend.

Ruairidh