Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nothing to do with A7's, but why?

Watching Taggart last night, why, when they are going to administer a fatal dose of anything in a syringe, do they make sure there is no air in the syringe.

Air injected into the blood stream can cause death!

Bugging me this one, or is it so drilled into them at medical school they do it automatically, just as I always check my wheel nuts before any journey after losing a wheel in 1968.

Mark

Re: Nothing to do with A7's, but why?

Oh,I knew it would come to this.

Re: Re: Nothing to do with A7's, but why?

Didnt see Taggart, but I guess a humane injection to kill you is supposed to be relatively pain free, which would perhaps not be the case with air in your blood?
On a vaguely similar Austin note I "bled" the pipe leading up to the oil pressure gauge before screwing the gauge up tight. I dont think air in your oil is usually fatal but best to make sure I guess.

Steve.

Mark, Now look what you have done!. Doomy is on the case.This post should be tidied,but Wheel nuts and oil pipes have given it just a little longer.Any one got any views on chummy fuel pipe air locks? Mac

Re: Re: Nothing to do with A7's, but why?

Try a new air key!

Mike

Chummy Fuel Pipe Air locks.... Could it be the hole in the fuel tank cap is blocked, thus causing a vacumm as gravity takes the petrol down. Presumably if you stop using the fuel air gets back up the fuel pipe due to the vacumm created in the tank, then when you belatedly turn off the fuel tap, there's an air lock.

Problem solved, clean the hole in the tank cap. Now you can wipe this item away MANageMENT.

Phillip