Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help with Ulster Engine

am owner of an austin seven Ulster and as you can imagine it is alittle difficult to find a real good mschanic fot this tiny racer in Austria,
. I would like to service the Engine (after 10 hiiclimbs it is alittle tired and improve the engine .Could you tell me who could help me.because Iam hard struggling with all this german and italian pilots.

Thank you
Peter mieses peter,mieses@chello.a

Re: Help with Ulster Engine

Silly question I know, but does the mechanic have to be in Austria? There are some very competent mechanics in the UK who are familiar with the 'Ulster' engine, this may be the better starting point.

Just a thought.

Naomi

I am sure that's what he wants. A u.k. Mechanic.

Peter, there are several people who could be recommended in the UK to do this work for you, probably around 10 of them. I would not like to mention any names here for fear of leaving anyone out, but you will find some of them advertising in the various club magazines. If you are not yet a member of a club, I think the Pre-War A7 Club is the largest purely A7 club -- see their website at www.pwa7c.co.uk

David

I'll start the ball Rolling. Try Vince Leek. leek@austin7engineering.freeserve.co.uk.

Mac, your link doesn't work for me.
Cheers, Dave

As you say the 'Link' isn't working, Mac's info is for a email addy, Dave, not a web site, if that is how you've taken it. It works for me and Vince is very helpfull.

leek@austin7engineering.freeserve.co.uk

Naomi

Oh well, as Mac has been naming names, I'll join in!

Ian Bancroft works on one of the quickest VSCC competitor's cars -- his website is www.a7restorations.co.uk

Also Dave Williams at The Austineers: www.austineers.co.uk

Jeremy Brewster did some good work on building the engine for my Special -- he's on +44 1527 882282.

David

David, yes they are all recommended, I think it's down to time scales and when Peter wants the work done and which of the mentioned engineers have a time slot available. If Peter rings around, I'm sure he'll get what he wants.

We are very fortunate in this country to have such a wealth and depth of knowledge and engineering capability for Austin 7's, and which is readly shared with the rest of us as required. Oh dear, nearly forgot, there's a tremendous scene in Australia as well, just a lot further to travel.

Naomi

and.... Tim myall of Pigsty Racing builds a Really good engine e: timmyall@gmail.com

If Peter is not in a rush, he could come over to the Beaulieu Rally in July and meet all the people mentioned here and really get a feel for what's happening. I'm sure most, if not all those mentioned, go to Beaulieu.

Phil.

I spoke to Tim MYall the other day and he advised me that he had been contacted by Peter and the engine is in the U.K. as we speak being "done". It turns out that Tim had done the original one! Small world now?

'tis only a small world for those with big hearts,

Naomi