Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tyre Pressures?

Can anyone help please, for info on the ideal tyre pressures for a Box Saloon running on Avon Sidecar Triple Duty 3.50x19s... this is for a longish run with three adults in the car.

Normally I pump them up to 22psi, but would just like a bit of guidance.

Re: Tyre Pressures?

I would suggest that for 3 people on a long run you will need 24 to 26 psi in the rear tyres and maybe 24 in the front, if you find the car is a little hard on the road then you can always lower them slightly without any fuss.

Incidentally, for some strange reason, we have found that our Sevens, when loaded for a camping trip, seem to go better and sound quieter. Maybe it is the joy of the open road in front.

Good luck on the trip

Many thanks!
Will give it a go and see how we get on.

I run 28 in the back and 24 in the front (that is PSI), but as your down there in the South of France then presumably your looking for 1.9 and 1.65 Bar, and Kpa is Bar x 100.

Also, if I recall, you have a historic vehicle French plate which means you can only travel in your local department, and from recent mutterings the Mam-Sahib will not be travelling with you, so you may want to run at slightly lower pressures, the Box won't roll so well, but the road texture will be felt less.

Naomi

Thanks Naomi. In actual fact the "Carte Grise vehicule de Collection" restricts general use to the Department of registration AND the Departments "Limitrophes", ie the one which are adjacent. Any forays outside of that area are permitted, but you have to fill in a form (in triplicate' at least three days in advance of your intended journey. One copy you keep, one goes to the F.F.V.E. (Fédération Française des Vehicules d'Epoque)- bit like the RACMSA, and the other goes to the Préfecture (County Hall).

Mem'Sahib is definitely staying at home. I have arranged for a Co-Pilot and a Baldrick to be flown out specially from England, having first entered into a pre-rally 'No Moan' agreement.

Seeing as it took me four days to get it here from Sheffield I don't think there's much risk of me venturing too far afield!

Oh, uhm, no I'll let that one pass, and just when I was thinking a break from work would be nice.

I wonder if Tiggy has any of these Pre-Rally agreement? Sounds just the job for us girls....

Naomi

Madame, It Sounds like a load of onions to me!