Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
nut & bolts

hi, has anyone out there got a list of sizes and quantities for nut and bolts for total restoration for my a7?
thank you.
phil.

Re: nut & bolts

1/4 and 5/8 BSF's seem to be the main one's I used outside of the mechanicals, there is a list on one of the sites of the main sizes for mechanicals, I thought Malcolm Watts did one, but I can't find it on the Cornwall club's web site. Must be out there somewhere.

It's mainly BSW's into ali and BSF's the rest.

Then buy big bags of stainless nut and bolts + washers from Namricks etc.

Oh dear, I see your in France, does that mean you'll be metric?

Algi

Re: Re: nut & bolts

Try http://www.austin7.org/threads.htm which is the page on the Cornwall Club site which gives a very comprehensive run down on the threads used on the A7

Sorry I am not sufficiently computer literate (or any other wise literate) enough to insert the thig as a hyperlink.

Barry R

Before you buy stainless fasteners, you should read "Rust and Rot" by R M E Diamant. Very basic but relevant book. There are several copies available on abebooks (see Google) for a fiver or so.
Then you will know when using stainless will make matters worse and where it is a good idea. I should think you might use one or two stainless fasteners in the whole car.

Well worthwhile doing the reading.

Regards, Stuart

Ahhh found it now, it was under Technical and then right at the bottom of the page, almost out of sight is Austin Seven Technical Data, clicked on that which took me to another page which had Threads as one of the options.

So many links so far to go, but I thought I had seen it somewhere on Cornwalls web pages.

Many thanks.

Algie