Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Starter

Can anyone kindly point me towards a recoil spring for a 1929 direct engage starter motor. Just discovered mine to be broken. A pinion retaining spring would be good too, whilst it is out.

I have not, as yet, found anything on the web.

Thanks muchly

Mike

Re: Starter

If you mean bacon slicer type I got one from Dave Williams at Austineers last year.
About a tenner.

Charles

Re: Re: Starter

Thanks Charles,

No, I require the later direct engage type. But I will give him a try in any case.

Mike

Indeed Charles you were right on the button. Dave Williams was able to supply; and I picked up some other useful items whilst I was there.

Whilst I had been previously to Seven Workshop, next door, I had never had the pleasure of inspecting the Austineers eporium. I suspect it is one of the places where God may be found when he is not in his heaven! It was kind of Dave Williams to spend so much time giving us a tour.

Thanks for the lead.

Mike

By appointment, and it is a great experience, buy something to make it worth their time as well.

Some of the cars there, wonderful..... drool over the engineering. And if David's Norfolk Terrier is there, the sun is shining.

Don't forget to splash out some money out with Ian Dunford next too. They are there because we need the goods and they are prepared to stock them, if you don't buy, there will soon will be nothing to buy.

Auntie Naomi

PS - OK. I spread my spending around, Kirby Wiske, Bradford-on-Avon and Holmsdale, to start with. They all offer a great service.

Auntie,

Your point is well made both with rergard to the appointment (which we had) as well as visiting Ian next door. Thank you for pointing this out.

Mike

PS - Yes, but you probably spend more than I.

Dave Williams - great bloke always willing to help with a fantastic workshop full of treasures. A real Alladin's cave - whatever you need he is bound to have it somewhere. And of course there is also the shop next door!