Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin 7 "Big 6" or Ruby? Not sure which??

Hello,

Can anyone help me I have been asked to sell an old Austen car for someone who's husband had bought to renovate. I have put the details I have on a site http://austin-sarah.blogspot.com/2006/04/pictures-of-austin-for-sale-details.html
(just cut and paste above into address line).
Would appreciate if you are able to tell me the best place to advertise this.
The Austen Seven Owners Club has said they will advertise in their book. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? Thanks Sarah

Re: Austin 7 "Big 6" or Ruby? Not sure which??

Sarah, It's a Big 7 "Sixlite", These were introduced at the end of 1937.

Looked at photo's but could not see Reg No. to validate actual First Reg Date.

A7OC should be OK, try also the PreWar Austin 7 Club.

I don't know if the Registrar of the Big 7's has anyone waiting on his books for a car, but try Robin on 013x32 7x006x29 (remove the x's).

Phil

Re: Re: Austin 7 "Big 6" or Ruby? Not sure which??

Hi Phil,

Many thanks for your guidance, sorry the reg plate is not clear in photo, but it is ELR 138 would that make sense?

I will follow the leads you have given me.

Thanks very much!!!

Sarah

Re: Austin 7 "Big 6" or Ruby? Not sure which??

Yes, that makes sence, First Registered 1 Jan 1938, Chassis No. is 4884, Body RV 04227. according to the A7 Associations Register of survivimg A7's (and Big 7's).

However my Glass's Index to Reg Numbers shows ELR was issued in London during Dec '37 and all used up in that month as well, so the 1/1/38 might be conjecture on someone else's part, the 1st Jan '38 was a Saturday by the way - from an excellent free programme called 'Calender Magic', Sandy on this forum sent me a copy.

Good luck with the sale Sarah

Phil

Re: Re: Austin 7 "Big 6" or Ruby? Not sure which??

Wow - thanks for your reply you certainly know your stuff!!

Many thanks for all your help

Sarah