Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AUSTIN SEVEN SIDE DRAUGHT CARBURETTER

On the "Hints and Tips" section of the Austin Seven friends site there is an informative item about "Things to watch out for when buying and Austin Seven Carby" or words to that effect.

Somewhere in the article the writer makes reference to the possibility of the earliest Side Draught carby's having a slightly different arrangment of airways, and I suspect that he/she may be referring to absence of a Progression Jet in the earliest varieties.

I thought I had an extensive list of Zenith Applications but can't find it.

I have the Zenith Data Sheet for the C.S. 548 26VA model which is stated as Austin Seven 1933-39, and one would have expected that sheet to have been produced in or after 1939.

I have some other scribbled notes here which seem to suggest that 1933 to early 1934 Zenith Side Draughts fitted to Austin Sevens were 26VEH6 C.S. 487.

Does anyone have a Data sheet for this Carby?

Or can anyone tell me if the earliest Side Draught Carbies had a Progression Jet?

I know this is Anorak stuff and really doesn't matter but I would like to know for the record.

Does anyone know anything at all about the Zenith 26VEH6.

I hvae no idea where these notes came from, but they are in my handwiting, so are certainly not Gospel.

regards

Barry R

Re: AUSTIN SEVEN SIDE DRAUGHT CARBURETTER

The Progression Jet, is the little one underneath, out of site on the main body of the carby...

I've looked at 8 of my 26VA main body's in the spares/junk box and all have the progression jet, so not much help there Barry.

Sandy

If you can get hold of a copy of The Austin Seven Clubs' Association Mag, 2006A, Dave Mann of the RN Register has written a short article and included a couple of photos of the Carb, which I believe is a Zenith 26 VEHG. Hope that helps, Clive

Re: Re: AUSTIN SEVEN SIDE DRAUGHT CARBURETTER

Thanks Clive,

I have joined the A7OC, and have been promised a copy of the 2006 A Magazine so will look forward to that
Thanks again for your post, and to you too Sandy

Barry R

The "progression jet" on carburettors 26 VA should be size 50 in my servicebook
But the "26 VEH" i cant found in this book

Re: Re: AUSTIN SEVEN SIDE DRAUGHT CARBURETTER

Thanks Tomas