Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lost Chummy

In my role of Rally Sec for the Cambridge Rally, I have had an e-mail from a chap in Australia who in the 50's owned a 1929 Chummy. The registration was/is PL6106(or 9). Could someone with access to the Chassis register let me know if the car is still known please?

many thanks

Re: Lost Chummy

Sadly PL 6106 (9) is not in the chassis register ( which is freely available on the Association web site at www.a7ca.org

PL 5838 is a 1931 AF tourer and PL 6049 is a 1931 Swallow sports ( these are the two nearest registrations )

Re: Lost Chummy

Agree with Malcolm, the Reg Number is 1931, a Surrey number, thus it seems a little long to have sat in the Showroom from 1929. I also checked DVLA database, but nothing came up, it may still be out there, possibly with another Reg No.

Dates of cars can be suspect. There's a Chummy on ebay at the moment, described as first Registered 1928, the Chassis number is a 1929 number and the Reg No. is a Hereford Number from 1930. These numbers are not in the Ebay description, I have received them privately as part of my Registrar duties.

I have been fortunate to have been loaned a copy of Glass's Index of 1928 - 1965 Registration Numbers by a fellow member of the Cornwall Club, this helps a lot to pinpointing when a Reg Number was allocated.

Sandy

Re: Re: Lost Chummy

Hi Sandy,
Thank you for your instant reply to my enquiry regarding my 'lost' chummy---unfortunately I have know other info to further this quest -- so will have to live with the memories--- as a young 17/18yr old one never imagined the interest such a 'quaint' little car would make
Thank you once again

Neil