Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cambridge Austin 7 Anniversary Rally

Not quite a plug this time! Just a plea that if you are intending to join us for our celebrations, could I ask you to get your entries in early please? As this is a one off event, it would be helpful in our planning if we had a better idea of numbers sooner rather than later. Entries are coming in at a steady pace now and things are looking very good. Full details (including entry form) at www.ca7vcc.co.uk

Re: Cambridge Austin 7 Anniversary Rally

Is the Cambridge Rally really cancelled? Why do I say this?
The event is still fully publicised on the Cambridge Club website, with all the details and the ability to print out an entry form.
This is all most confusing. The question I would also like to see answered is, "If it is cancelled, WHY?"

Yes, I undersatand it's cancelled, why, well I haven't seen anything in writing, but my understanding from a A7 Noggin and Natter session in the Midlands recently was that not enough people committed themselves early enough with entry forms to make the organisers deem it would be a success - or put another way, there were so few people committing themselves to attend the Rally it would have been a financial disaster for the Club.

I recall from organising rallies in the past that it's only at the last minute, people will contact you about attending, the finances don't allow you to do that now a'days.

I may of course be wrong about the above, but the info was from a good source.

Anyway, 'Why' is the Club's business, not ours.

Phil.

Hi Jez - the Rally has been cancelled and our web site was updated promptly to reflect that. I also posted a note here the morning after we took the decision. As Phil points out, the finances involved in running an event like this are surprisingly large and any failure of the event would have had a massive effect on our finances. However, more important than that was the importance to us of holding a really superb event to celebrate our half-century.

The problems we have encountered can and will be overcome and the event *will* be run next year. I'm sorry to have disappointed you, but look forward to seeing you next year at the do. It will, I promise you, be a grand weekend!