Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
And it STILL works!

Over the years I have come across some bodges on our remarkable cars that never cease to surprise me. This week I had an RN in that had the lead from the coil to distributor made from a piece of three core domestic appliance wire.I only discovered it by chance as I wanted to shorten it. The car had started and ran well.I suppose on reflection all you need is the 3 strands of copper wire and good insulation. I also had an engine with the rear main oil thrower dished washer bolted behind the started dog, and ahole in the sump gauze repaired with materiel with eighth holes in it....

Re: And it STILL works!

Mac The fact that you have had no replies may suggest that the day of the bodge is over .Forty years ago A7s were cheap everyday transport doing decent milages with little or no money to spend on them , nowadays it a very different picture. I can remember putting shims on the shoes at the brake cams because that was easier and cheaper than finding unworn drums ,fitting new cams etc. Happy days .

Re: And it STILL works!

The days of the bodge over? I hope not!
I'm Scottish born & Yorkshire bred so I don't part wi' me cash readily.
Nowt wrong wi'bodgin'. Bin doin' it fer years!

Re: Re: And it STILL works!

Reckless Rat. - Scottish born, Yorkshire bred, living in France - one jump ahead of the law each time? When can we expect your move to more foreign climes such as Oz? Our Club here in Melbourne has 350 members, their own palatial clubrooms (we even bought the adjacent factory with a view to later extend because so many turn up to meetings), huge spares department etc, etc - there's always room for you if you so desire! Cheers, Bill