Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NZ email addy - help!

I've had an email from a A7 owner in NZ, but the addy will not work for me.

I have ....@ihug,co.nz - I've tried 'com' and I've replced the commer with a full stop, but nothing seems to work.

The details are for a 1931 2 seater, but it has an 'RM' body number, thus I have a query.

The person is a member of the VARNZ.

Sandy Croall
Registrar A7CA

Re: NZ email addy - help!

SANDY:

...@ihug.co.nz has worked for me when I have been in touch with Bob Simms (PWA7 Member)in NZ in the past.

STEVE

Many thanks, I will try again. I've had 2 phone calls this evening with other (clean) suggestions, so I'm trying Peter over in NZ.

Sandy

Now I wonder why that was... it worked this time, the worlds gone to pot since Orange took over Wanadoo who took over freeserve....

Naomi may have wanted the clouds to return and one positive point is TV reception is better now - I know it was on another topic, but....

Sandy

Well, it is a long way to send mail!
Sandy, could you please email me direct?

Thanks,
DG

I am the originator of the message.
This address should work as I have used the address to book accommodation in the UK from here in the past.

This car is B4 4683
Stamped plate on body and Chassis 141484
The body is stamped RM 9401 at the rear of the front universal cover plate with the RM stamped under the plate between the screws, and the number exposed behind this plate.

The car has panels matching the dimensions in RJ Wyatt Appendix 1 Page 173
1931 B4-4309

Front Wings Two Seater Fig H,
Running Boards Saloon 6'3" wheelbase Fig J
Rear Wings Saloon 6' 3" wheelbase Fig K

I understand this was an in-between model made between September 1931 and October 1931 when the first RN models came out with a 6' 9" wheelbase.

Is this car a Two seater or Saloon ?

Many thanks Ian, I did manage to send it in the end but it bounced back a few days later with the following message:-

The SMTP Server program

: host zuul.ihug.co.nz [203.109.252.44] said: 452 Too many
recipients received this hour (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Seems the server was busy..... anyway, many thanks for the information.

Sandy Croall, A7CA Registrar
(and a small window on what goes on behind the scenes for the Register).

Ooops, yes RM is/was a Saloon, Ax was open 4 seat tourers and Px's were two seaters tourers - Nippy's, Speedy's, Ulsters etc excepeted.

HOWEVER, looking in the 'Source Book'(page 306) I see there is a RL "Fabric TWO-seater Type RL" introduced 25th Nov. 1930. There is no more info. bar a cross reference it to Wyatt's 'The Austin Seven', page 182, which ACTUALLY states "P.L. Fabric Two-Seater", intoduced 25th Nov. 1930.

Sandy

Re: Re: NZ email addy - help!

You may be correct, but these car numbers are B2 series in Wyatt. This car is B4 4683 dates it September 1931.
I assume the car is a steel bodied Saloon with Two seater wide wings which became Saloon wings on the longer wheelbase RN model in November 1931
There is an early 1931 RM here that has the narrow square type wings.