Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ruby Spark Plugs

Hi , I have just bought a '38 Ruby , my first 7 , it is complete except the previous owner had removed the spark plugs to keep oil in the bores while he turned the engine over on a weekly basis ! But unfortunately lost them while they were out ! I have removed the head and had a look around , it looks fine . I have spun the engine over on the starter to get the oil around and check the pressure . All I need to know is when I go to Halfords this morning , what type of spark plugs do I need ? Thanks , Joe

Re: Ruby Spark Plugs

If you telephone the Seven Workshop on

01225 868696

the plugs will be on your doorstep the next morning and you won't have to go to Halfords at all!

Cheers

Ruairidh

Re: Re: Ruby Spark Plugs

Thanks , I'm back at work tomorrow for 5 days solid , Halfords is 5 minutes from here , I'm really keen to get it going today ! It will be a bit embarassing going in to work , telling them I've got it home , but I can't start it !! Thanks , Joe

Re: Re: Re: Ruby Spark Plugs

Joe,
NGK B6HS is what I was recently supplied by one of the A7 parts dealers. Good luck with Halfords, in my experience their stock is not very comprehensive.
Dave Griffith

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ruby Spark Plugs

Thanks Dave - I'm on my way !!

Re: Re: Ruby Spark Plugs

I WISH SUCH UK SUPPLIERS WOULD RESPOND TO EMAIL MESSAGES, THEN I WOULDN'T HAVE TO RESORT TO THE REPUTEDLY HIGHER PRICED GOODS ON EBAY AND PUT EBAY SELLERS TO ANY INCONVENIENCE