Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rist Horn

Anybody able to help with a set of points for a Rist Horn please ? The spring steel has cracked on mine rendering the horn in-operative.
If not, has anyone adapted another available set to get their horn working again?
Any advice appreciated.
George
PS. Have tried the well known Hooter chap in Wales - He is unable to help.

Re: Rist Horn

George,

Recently I had just the same problem, which I overcame by sacrificing a blade from an old feeler gauge set.

It worked for me, and certainly it is more satisfactory than the strip of Heinz Baked Beans tin which it replaced!

Mike

Re: Re: Rist Horn

I made one out of one of the spring steel strips that is in the horn to fight against the electromagnet, it had already broken in half and was about the right size.

Consequently as the springing in the horn is now much softer so the the spring & mass have a much lower natural frequency and give a far higher amplitude vibration. The horn sounds like it should belong to a diesel railway locomotive.

GET OUT OF MY WAY!!! he he he he he!

Rob

Re: Re: Re: Rist Horn

PS a bit of old hacksaw blade would be about right as a spring if it is wide enough to suit.

Rob