Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RP Saloon Body

A friend in Holland has acquired a 1933 RP Saloon (Chassis No. 179856) with a VERY poor body. He is wanting to restore what remains for his Son (who will be the third generation of Seven owner in his Family) but the body is much too far gone to be restorable.

The easy answer would be to build a Special on the remaining chassis but, commendably, he wants to keep it as an RP Saloon and so, on his behalf, I am looking for an RP body that is restorable but is in need of a chassis.

Any help in finding such a thing to move this project on would be most gratefully received.

STEVE

Re: RP Saloon Body

We have a member in Cornwall who has been looking at various RP bodies recently, he has now bought one.

Unfortunatly he is in hospital at the moment awaiting an operation next Tuesday (nothing to do with the RP), if you've had no luck by the time he gets out, then I'm sure he will let you know who and where he went to see various bodies - name is Steve Baldwin.

Sandy
Cornwall A7 Club

Re: Re: RP Saloon Body

Many thanks Sandy. Can I ask you to pass my message on when he is fit enough?

STEVE

Done, or at least I've sent him an email, so we will see what happens..

Sandy

Re: Re: RP Saloon Body

On another tack - I wonder just how bad the RP body really is? Over 25 years of body-building I rebuilt quite a few Austin Sevens where the owners originally thought the rusted/damaged bodies were "only useful (as Dave Tedham often said) for chucking under the hedge". Cheers, Bill

Re: Re: Re: RP Saloon Body

Bill: I've seen the photos!! This one was just about as bad as it gets. The body couldn't have been 'thrown under a hedge' - it would have disintegrated as you tried to get it there.

Sandy: Many thanks.

STEVE

Try 270022126811 on ebay-Dave