Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1 st

Hi, attended Campbeltown Air Show yesterday <23.7.6> and won, came first in vintage cars, never won before, never placed before, no cup, no rosette, had to make do with £75 first prize, would have rather had a cup, still in state of shock, planes amazeing. cheers Dai.

Re: 1 st

Well done Dai, £75 pounds, uhm.. I might have a spare cup for that sort of cash.

You can buy a decent cup for that on Ebay and have a few bob left over for a drink.

Seems this could be a good idea.

Algie

Congrats Dai. Perhaps you might want to try your luck with the Unca Guid down south and bring some trophies(?) up north.
Cheers, Dave.

Re: Re: 1 st

Congratulations on winning, but one of my dreads has been the start of cash prizes at rallies. This could cause so much aggro, especially with the 'rivet counters'. It isn't uncommon for some owners who think their car is the bees knees to be miffed if they fail to get an award when all that is at stake is a cup or a rosette. It's only a bit of fun surely? Simply a recognition of a well presented/restored car. Once money starts coming into it where will it end?
Dave

nk hi Dave
know what you mean, i would have rather had a small cup or some thing, and have advised them so, as fod rivet counting my little austin will never be that class, its a get out and go car every day we can, on road all year, i admit it gets trailered to shows but the norm for us is 100 miles plus to shows, we live on the west coast of Scotland and our next show is the Pickering steam fair. we will be away for 2 weeks, and will use the car every day 50-60 miles aday,this is what they were made for, thank you for your kind wishs, if any one else is at pickering please come and say hello, DAI.