Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A7 Rear window stickers

I saw the one in the Guildtown Rally programme. "Honk if parts fall off!" Have you got one? mine is "Keep back. Fierce Brakes! NO stop lights!

Re: A7 Rear window stickers

My Austin has the sticker "You may pass me, but will you outlast me"

My favorite from years ago was "Happiness is a good ruck with Bath Rugby Club". The car was driven by a lady as well.....

Algie

Re: Re: A7 Rear window stickers

One of our clubmembers has "Don't honk, I'm pedalling as fast as I can". (Actually he's spelt it peddling, but I don't think he's trying to sell anything, and I'm not going to correct him). Years ago I had "Don't honk, sick donk". Later, when engine repaired - "WILL pull the skin off a rice pudding". I'm sure there's better ones aout there, let's see them. Cheers, Bill

Re: Re: Re: A7 Rear window stickers

" Don't laugh madam - your daughter may be inside " used to appear on 'second life' Austin Taxis in the fifties.
Mike

Running out.Please pass.

In Our Peugeot 206-"I'd rather be driving my Austin Seven".Dave

"Come back Marples - all is forgiven!"

Did have one for a few weeks a couple of years ago.
'Speed Camera Test Vehicle'.
But it was too big for the small window, so was replaced with Jogle sticker.

Seen on a vintage lorry "Very Old - Very Slow - Very Sorry".
Not sure we should be appologising for occupying our share of the road though.
Gordon

Re: Re: Re: A7 Rear window stickers

Seen on an Isetta 3wheeler at Le Mans -

Pace Car?

OH, Hallo boys,I,ve been touring Wales with my new Beau...loverly! I want to put a sticker on my plastic window on the chummy . Will it stick? I want it to read " An austin seven-Cos I,m worth it" TiggsXXX

I had a couple on my old van, but not too relevant to A7s:

Technicians are well adjusted.

Ham radio is a contact sport.

Cheers,
DG

Again not so relevant to Austin Sevens, but following on from the "If you can read this, you're too close" and the humourous series that emanated from it, I liked in the 70s the back on motorcyclists' T shirts which read "if you can read this, the stupid ***** just fell off". Cheers, Bill

Seen on the M6 northbound for Guildtown at Carlisle a large signwritten sign on the back of an HGV at HGV drivers eye level "Do you like my bum?". There wasn't room for a Seven between that HGV and the one behind. Dave

If you get hold of some "honk if parts fall off" stickers, I'd certainly like one; though it would have taken a hawk-eyed follower to spot the clevis pin dropping out of my brakes....

A bit late (dreckly) but the usual rear window message down ere "Cornish Men do it Dreckly"

Seen on a Ruby:
"Speed Kills - drive an Austin 7, live forever"