Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin 7 - Research

Hello, I work for a TV production company based in Cardiff. I came across this website whilst developing an idea we have for a potential program following an Austin 7 through a tour of North Wales. I'm looking for information on event's, clubs, I would like to chat to enthusiasts, particulary from Wales, those that can reflect on what it meant to have an austin 7 back in the day. The whole gambit of the golden age of motoring can also be explored, the fact that the cost of motor cars were coming in the reach of many, meant that tourism would bring untold financial benefits to the area. With ease of access to the north of England and the Midlands meant that thousands started to explore north Wales and enjoy the scenery.

I'd like to hear from anyone that beleives they could contribute somehow. They will need to be in Wales or close to Wales.

Please email me with your details and I'll get back to you.

Re: Austin 7 - Research

Contact the Bristol A7 Club, they know Wales far better than the local (Welsh) club, and they are more active. Try www.ba7c.freeserve.co.uk

Philip

Coincidence only, but I have just returned from just such a trip in a 1933 A7 box saloon. Went to Porthmadog on Aug 4th from the Midlands, stayed the week, then back via Aberaeron - 500 odd miles without a hitch!

Re: Re: Austin 7 - Research

Thank you for the reply, sounds promising, I'd like to chat further about your experience and A7, could you forward me your email or telephone number perhaps on the email above?

Hi

Regarding your request for information on trips to North Wales the man to contact is John Williams of the South Wales Austin Seven club as he has organised a few trips to North Wales for our club in our sevens