Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
stainless steel

hi everyone,
does anyone know where i can get a stainless steel exhaust, mail order, or Glasgow ? for my 33 rp box saloon,does any one have one they dont want? mines done and MOT coming up, and i dont think it will pass.
thank you DAI.

Re: stainless steel

Have a look at www.exhaustsuk.com. They are into one-offs and did a resonably cheap job on my modern. The one on my Box Saloon (not supplied by them!) must be at least 45 years old. Probably in a nimonic alloy and fabricated at nearby BAC Filton by a previous owner!! I expect it could do with a de-coke by now!
Hope this helps.
Ron

Re: Re: stainless steel

Now you know why Concorde cost so much!!!!,I will bet Rons is not the only car in the Bristol area to have a £2000.00 exhaust.

thanks Ron, i have tryed various sites where one emails ones needs, still awaiting replys, there must be some one out there who has fitted a s/s exhaust in the last year, i live on the west coast of Scotland ,but will soon be going to London, so almost anywhere will do, cheers DAI.

Dai

Unfortunately I have no experience of fitting a s/s exhaust system and I'm not sure you'll get one mail order, however I spotted these two ads in recent motoring publications:

Gran-Fabrications Ltd - Nottingham, s/s exhausts manufactured for any vehicle regardless of age. Tel. 0115 9761864

Alpha Tyres & Exhausts - vintage hand made s/s exhausts all models - while you wait service. www.alphatyresandexhaust.com

Also definitely worth trying are P.D. Gough & Co Ltd - Nottingham, who are long established s/s exhaust manufacturers. I know they've supplied systems for 30's Morris 8's, in-fact they offer a discount to members of the Morris Register. www.pdgough.com

Jeff

J.P. Exhausts of Macclesfield, 01625 619916, made 2 complete systems for our RNs about 6 years ago for £160.00 inc vat. They copied the parts (front pipe, silencer with tailpipe) which I supplied and I fitted the new ones which fitted without modiication even to passing through the hole in the front crossmember. A bit pricey but nobody does a 3 speed RN system off the shelf.The tailpipe is slightly larger than original, it was the smallest they could supply but it sounds good.-Dave