Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Seen in Fuerteventura

Hi there I live in Spain and often post of the M.G./Rover Forum for Spain. Here is a link that tells about a Seven seen on the Canary Islands. It seemly does not have road tax. This raises the question does it have an MOT? Does anyone know about this car?
Sorry the text is in Spanish.

http://www.clubmg-rover.com/foro/index.php?topic=5016.msg89471#msg89471

I also have an Austin. But mine is an A110 Westminster and it is the only one here in Spain. Yes I did import it legally, from The Netherlands where I lived before moving here.

Regards
Ian

Re: Seen in Fuerteventura

Which of the Canaries is it in? I may be able to i.d .the car as I have been helping get a tourer on the road out there.

Mac, if it's the one on their web site, it's EV 5986, Ch. 153680, a RN Saloon - I expect Dave Mann has more details. _ I lost patience on dial up waiting for all that web page to download, so there may be another A7 there!

Sandy

Re: Re: Seen in Fuerteventura

Mac, as far as I know Fuerteventura is an island in its own right. (The Islands are not my strong point)
http://maps.google.com/maps?lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Fuerteventura&sa=N&tab=wl

Ian

Ian, Mac and Sandy,

both the cars and their owners are members of the Scottish Austin Seven Club, the box is owned by a member who moved there from Edinburgh and the other is a local, he met out there. Look back a few months in your Scottish Club Magazine and you will see the chummy in our "New Members" pages. Sandy if you want info on the car numbers etc. then I can let you have their e-mail contacts.

Cheers

Ruairidh

Re: Re: Seen in Fuerteventura

I did not know this would create so much interest. There is no date as to when these photos were taken but I hope the owner has not left it over the 6 months initial period you are allowed to import your personal cars when moving to Spain. If it is over the 6 months then the authorities can play around with you, plus you are also liable for importation duties. Importation a car like this can be problematic, I know from experience with my own Westminster. However as it seems the owner has club contacts then he should be able to get help with the technical paperwork they require here in Spain. The Spanish authorities ask for information of HP, weight and measurements. Some information is easy to obtain, but others not. All the information has to be in metric too.

As a side note, the Guardia Civil, the highest Police force here in Spain, is crushing cars which do not have the correct U.K. documents in some parts of Spain. By documents I mean up to date tax disc, MOT and V5. I hope they don’t do that in the islands!

Ruairidh, may be you should email mail the owner of the car featured and say he is famous!

You said:

"However as it seems the owner has club contacts then he should be able to get help with the technical paperwork they require here in Spain. The Spanish authorities ask for information of HP, weight and measurements. Some information is easy to obtain, but others not. All the information has to be in metric too."

don't we (the committee) know it(!), supplied all data needed, hope he is still using it as daily transport, as in Edinburgh.

Cheers

Ruairidh